Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's relevant?

I want The Point to be relevant. I think God wants The Point to be relevant. Unfortunatley, so often, church is perceived as irrelevant. So, that begs the question: What makes for a relevant church?

What I’m about to share is not original to me. I learned it from Andy Stanley and the main reason I’m writing this is as a reminder and motivator to me. I hope that it help you too.

For an environment, a church, a ministry to be relevant three things must be present: An appealing context, an engaging presentation and helpful content. All three MUST be present in order for things to be perceived as relevant. If any one is missing then there’s a problem. There’s too much at stake to be irrelevant. Let’s do whatever it takes to be relevant.

Along those lines here is a great post of fighting cruise control as a church.

No comments: