Friday, February 23, 2007

Fear

Sometimes I think that fear is the # 1 enemy that gets in the way of God working in and through our lives. Fear keeps us from developing real relationships. Fear keeps us from commitments. Fear keeps us from having the tough conversations. Fear keeps us from trusting God. Fear keeps us from seeing God work.

I see so many people (myself included many times) who let their fears dictate their lives. It’s a shame.

I read that the most repeated command in Scripture is do not be afraid. I think there’s significance there. Once again God knows more about us than we realize or would like to admit.

So what are you afraid of? What is fear keeping you from?

Really, fear is a trust issue. Do you trust God? When we give in to our fears we are essentially saying, No, I don’t trust you God. You’re not big enough, trustworthy enough, loving enough to intervene, so I’m just going to play it safe.”

Don’t give in to fear. By doing so you will miss out on what God wants to do in and through you. You may even miss out on God.

No comments: