Sunday, February 25, 2007

Field Trip notes

I've got to brag on Charlotte North Fellowship. They didn't know we were coming to check out how they do 'church in the movies' this morning because I know that Sundays are busy and I didn't want to complicate things for them. Well, once they found out that we were a church plant they went out of their way to show us around, give us the ins and outs of doing 'church at the movies,' talk to us about set-up, tear-down, working with theater management and they had GREAT Starbucks coffee!!!

I am also so appreciative to the team from The Point that went with us. I think God showed us some things and it was awesome to get a picture in our heads of what could be.

Here are some observations that I made:
  • Their set-up was SIMPLE. My first thought was, "We can do this!"
  • Each team (greeting, host, etc.) had matching cool t-shirts with the church's logo. That way it was easier to know who to go to for help.
  • They use Tall Wooden Boxes to collect financial contributions and connection cards, just like us!!!
  • The BIG theater screen is great.
  • Children's workers all wore reflective road worker vests. It went with the "Kidstreet" theme, but it was also cool.
  • All the flooring in the kid's area was that interlocking padded stuff.
  • They stored all their stuff under the screens. That means they don't need a trailer.
  • It's fun having a cup-holder at your seat.
  • They had very professional, yet simple looking signage. It gave things an air of credibility and professionalism. It communicated, "We care and we're for real" to me.
From my perspective, it was a great first field trip. I can't wait for our next one in two weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I thought it was a pretty kool experience. & although I like the idea of church in the movies, somewhat, I didn't get a lot of time to look over their materials (I was looking at the DVDs and had some picked out to get) but forgot that after the service they wouldn't be there :( (due to takedown). I totally understand that, for the respect of the theater's biz, but for newbies coming back out and everything gone was a bit odd. & for a newbie it's always intimidating in a new place, unless you're Chris. But otherwise I thought it was kool, great for a change of scenery. But plz, let's not do mexican again, thx! (-<) out - ref