Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I LOVE small group

We’ve rearranged small groups again for the month of January. I had 8 people (besides my family) over last night for chili and a Bible Study. It was a blast. I really appreciate Sarah getting our discussion really going by admitting how hard it is to forgive others as God has forgiven us (We were discussing Colossians 3:12-14). Thanks Sarah for your honesty and for being vulnerable.

That’s what makes small groups work: Honesty and vulnerability. So often we put on a mask and nobody really knows who we are or what’s going on in our lives. But authentic Christian community is mask-less. We are to love as Christ loves us, accept as Christ accepts us, forgive as Christ forgives us, and encourage as Christ encourages us.

If you’re not involved in a small group then you are missing out! Let me know and we’ll get you hooked up. I can’t wait for nest Tuesday night. My group’s meeting at the Blackwell’s. They are great hosts (the bacon Michelle puts out to go on a salad is good stuff—it makes the salad). I can’t wait!

No comments: