Thursday, August 27, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together

Don't you miss The A-Team? I know I do, but that's beside the point.

Some great plans have been coming together lately. First, let me tell you about a call I got the other day from Hendrix Elementary School. They want to do a movie night for their school and community and were wondering if they could use our equipment. Well, today we finalized the details and we're going help them pull of the best dog-gone movie night any school has ever done! Mark you calendars, Sept. 18 and Oct. 16 are the big days. Hub City Slickers: Mark your calendars. We get to help!

Here's what's so cool about this. We're not looking for recognition. We're looking to serve. We didn't go looking for a place to serve. They called us because of how we've served in the past. I love it when a plan comes together! It's just another way for Hub City to make Spartanburg a better place to live.

Second, this past Sunday, Frankie announced our plans for Spartanburg's first ever Garage Unsale. I just realized that I haven't posted about the details, but in one sentence, it's a Garage sale where we're giving everything away. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, one of our desires for this event is that it not be a "Hub City" thing, but a Kingdom thing where a bunch of different churches come together to serve with no strings attached. Let's just say that we're seeing our desire become a reality. We met with an African-American pastor today who's church is going to be on board and he's going to put us into contact with a bunch of his pastor friends who may be interested as well. It's going to be sweet!

See, I love it when a plan comes together... making Spartanburg a better place to live.