Thursday, June 25, 2009

Urgent Need

Hey everybody,

I met a family at Movies in the Park last Saturday who could use some help. Let me say up front that they did not ask for help. But I felt compelled by God to do something. I was talking with the husband and he shared with me some of their story. The short version is that their apartment burned down at the end of last year and currently they are sleeping on mildewed/molded/stained mattresses donated by Salvation Army. They lost everything in the fire (clothes... everything). They are extremely grateful for what they've been given, but I think it's appalling that someone would have to sleep on a mildewed/molded mattress.

So here's the deal: I'm floating the need out there. These people need beds. There's a husband and wife, plus 4 kids (ages 12, 12, 10 and 9). If you have an extra bed/mattress or know someone that has an extra bed mattress, that would be willing to give it away, no strings attached, please let me or Frankie know.

I also think it would be great if we could get them some walmart or target gift cards so that they could go by some clothes. If you want to grab a gift card you can bring it on Sunday and drop it with Jaimee Holmes at the Hub Table.

Sometime this weekend we'll have a video with more info on my or Frankie's blog. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: