Thursday, June 04, 2009

One Prayer


This Sunday, June 7, we're joining with 1649 churches from around the world for a series that's titled "One Prayer." I really can't tell you how excited I am that Hub City is going to be a part of this.

For one, we believe that the Church is more important than our church. We're just one church working towards the advancement of God's kingdom. Another reason I'm excited is because I think this is one way we're a part of fulfilling Jesus' prayer of "make them one." Finally, I'm pumped because we're going to hear from some great communicators who say what I want to say, just better. The theme for 2009 is God is....

Now I know it'll be a bit weird having the sermon come via video, but heck, we meet in a movie theater, so it'll be OK! Here's the lineup for the One Prayer series:

6/7 - God is... strength.
Francis Chan, Cornerstone Church, Simi Valley, CA

6/14 - God is... ready.
Scott Hodge, Orchard Park Community Church, Aurora, IL

6/21 - God is... love.
Craig Groeschel, Lifechurch.tv, Edmond, OK

6/28 - God is...
Andy Stanley, North Point Community Church, Alpharetta, GA


No comments: