Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thank You

My oldest, Nathan, has really been doing a great job saying "Thank You" lately. Maybe I'm the only parent who thinks this, but when he shows heartfelt gratitude there is something in me that want to do more for him. Like two weeks ago when we bought snow cones for the boys... they were SO greatful (for ice with syrup). Their thankfulness made me want to buy them snow cones all the time (don't tell them I said that).

I wonder what our gratitude does to our Heavenly Father? So often I find myself praying for stuff and asking God to meet my needs instead of thanking him for all that he's given me and for all that he's done for me. I want to be grateful. I have so much to be thankful for. Don't you?

I'm working to make it a habit to show gratitude more often to God. I know how it makes me, as a dad, feel when my boys say "thank you." I bet our Heavenly Father feels a similar way when we say "thank you" to him.

BTW: I want to say thank you to all of you who read this blog. I'm honored and blown away that you would take some of your time and read something I have written. Thanks!

No comments: