Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday night reflections 3-18-07

Last night I warned everyone before I spoke that I was about to vomit on them some things that God has been teaching me lately. Honestly, the sermon was mainly therapeutic for me. I wasn't even sure it would make sense to anyone. I am blown away by the number of positive comments people have been sending my way. It's pretty humbling and encouraging to know that God spoke to some people through me.

It's funny, because yesterday was a tough day for me. In fact, the past two months have been excruciating at times. I honestly wanted to stay home and say to @#$% with everything, but God is faithful. He got Liz and me into this and he's going to see us through it (I think). That's easier said than done.

I really appreciate all those on our team who are helping carry the load. Mitch and Jimmy did a phenomenal job leading worship. Josh did great running the video stuff for the first time. JJ did an awesome job with setting up an appealing environment. Ben and Josh took over setup of the screen and projector for the first time by themselves. Chris, as always, stepped in to help out wherever he was needed. The list could go on, but I want all of you to know that I think you're awesome. I appreciate you and there's no way I could do this without you.

I'll end this by asking you to pray for me, Liz and our boys. I feel especially needy this AM for God to intervene in our family.

No comments: