Friday, March 02, 2007

My new Son

Most of you know I have three boys: Nathan (6), Matthew (3), and Levi (4 months). Well, today I found out that I have another son: Mitch (21).

I am trying to do a better job at developing relationships with people who are far away from God, so I've committed to going to the mall one or two days a week to hand out candy bars to the employees and try and develop some relationships.

Today I invited Mitch to go with me. I don't know if he knew what he was getting into, but he risked it, and I am so thankful he went. The goal was to just go into a store and offer a free candy bar to employees and let them know God loves them.

At one of the kiosks in the middle of the mall Mitch offered the lady a candy bar. She wanted to know why we were giving it away free. We told her we were a new church and we just wanted to brighten her day and let her know that God loves her. She looked at me and said, "And you're the pastor." I said, "Yes." Then she looked at Mitch and said, "And you're his son."

We both cracked up. I am seriously thinking of dying my hair to get rid of the gray. It was a funny story that just had to be shared.

1 comment:

William Bryant said...

That's like that basketball commercial with shaq... haha