Monday, March 05, 2007

Good Day

Today was a good day. It started off early with me driving to Easley to drop off my taxes. While there, I stopped by my previous church of employment to say hey. It was good to see some of the guys that I used to work with at Mt. Airy. Out of that I was inspired to ask them to send a mission team to do some servant evangelism with us. Well, on May 5th they are sending a team our way to help us out. I'm working to get The Point a booth at Spring Fling to hand out free stuff and I am so thankful to have a team from Mt. Airy helping us.

I was able to have lunch with Tim William, pastor of Roebuck Baptist Church. Tim and his church have been great supporters of The Point, both financially and with encouragement. Tim has agreed to be a part of a team that helps with leadership accountability for our church.

Since last week, I've been in contact with Darryl at the city of Spartanburg talking about partnering serving them at Shamrocks on the Square. I had lunch with Darryl last week and he's a great guy. I felt prompted to invite Darryl and his family to church. He said he'd like to take me up on the invitation.

Here's the deal. I've been praying all day for an opportunity to invite someone. I think God shows up when he knows we're serious. Will you join with me in being seriously intentional about inviting people? I believe that we are a part of the most important movement in the history of the world: The Church. It's a mission that requires all that we are. It's our opportunity to contribute to an eternal cause. Invest in some new relationships. Invite someone this Sunday.

No comments: