Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Let's force it

I don't know if you're like me, but when things don't seem to go the way I think they should I try and force stuff. If a part doesn't fit like I think it should I force it into place. I must admit, I'm a forcer, but when I force stuff things usually don't turn out as well as I would like for them to turn out either. Maybe you've been there.

Kevin read this passage this morning at our prayer time (which all guys are invited to @ 6 AM @ Denny's on 290). In essence I feel like God is saying, "Don't force it. Trust in me and depend on my Spirit."

I feel like I've got to force stuff at The Point, or that I've got to make things happen. And while I do have work to do and a part to play it is really God who does the work. I need to remember that. You need to remember that. We need to pray for that.

Also, verse 10 has always been an encouragement to me. May it be for you too.

No comments: