Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's got me thinking

Somebody, who shall remain anonymous, told me the other day that they were closing down their blog. I was saddened and asked why. Here's the response: I need to not cop out on real relationships by being open in a way that's easy for me.

I've got to say, that's a profound statement that's got me thinking. I wonder how often I "cop out" on real relationships and hide behind technology? I think it's easy to let email, facebook and twitter be "cop out" options. Sure, you're communicating, but it is through the safety of technology... and it's one sided... and it's safer.

Technology can help relationships grow, to a degree. But I don't want to let it be a substitute for something better.

I'm not giving up my blog, but I am going to think twice before emailing or facebooking people that I should be calling or talking to face to face.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just erased an incredibly wordy response to this... Old habits die hard.
~Anonymous : )