Monday, March 29, 2010

If I really believe "Jesus is Lord"...

I was working on my sermon for this coming Sunday and came across this from Shawn Lovejoy. I'll probably share it on Sunday too.

If I really believe "Jesus is Lord"...

  • I won't worry about what others think; only what He thinks.
  • I won't seek the applause of men; only His.
  • I'll react to people based on His reactions toward me.
  • I will begin each day with Him.
  • I will spend lots of time with Him.
  • I will seek to know Him very personally.
  • I will seek to partner in His mission throughout my day; not just accomplish my mission.
  • I will seek to honor Him with my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
  • I'll end each day asking two questions: "How did I partner with Jesus today? How did I resist Him today?"
  • I won't be so hard on myself.
  • I won't worry about the future.
  • I will give to Him first; not last.
  • I won't worry about my church.
  • I will live and share the Gospel.
  • I will surrender my agenda to Him.
  • I will love God.
  • I will love people; as much as I love myself!

No comments: