Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ananias

I know I've read the story of Ananias out of Acts 9:1-19 before, but this morning, as I read it again, I was blown away by Ananias.

I don't know much about the guy. He was from Damascus. He was a disciple of Jesus. That's about it.

What's amazing to me about this guy is his ability to hear from God and then his courage (in the face of fear) to be obedient to what God had told him to do. And as a result of his hearing and doing, Saul's sight was restored, he was baptized and he was filled with the Holy Spirit.

That's big because this "Saul" later became "Paul," the guy who wrote most of the New Testament and who spread the gospel throughout the Roman world.

God used Ananias because he was listening and obedient. You never know how God is going to use you when hear from him and do what he says.

No comments: