Friday, March 19, 2010

To My Hub Group

I read this post this morning and had to write something about you guys.

If you don't know, my Hub Group is about to multiply from one to two. We're having a Hub Group Baby. Most of the folks in my group will be going to start the new one. It's bittersweet for me for a couple of reasons.

First, the people in my Hub Group are my friends. Seriously. I so much love the people I've spent the last year with. They don't treat me weird because I'm a pastor. I am honored to call them friends. It's going to be tough not seeing them at 5 PM every Sunday.

Second, I'm so pumped about their new group. It's going to be great. They have such potential and everybody in the group has so much to offer. Seriously, if you're not in a Hub Group, you may want to join theirs. I am really excited to see how God is going to use this challenge to grow each of them.

So, to my Hub Group. I love you guys. You are my friends. You will continue to be my friends. You just can't show up at my house on Sundays @ 5 after this week. I can't wait to see how God is going to use you. I'll miss the pretzels. And somebody, make something with cinnamon in it for Jason. It'll do him good. Keep letting the Holy Spirit be your teacher as you discuss stories from God's word. And don't forget to invite new people into your group. You've got something great to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...

The only thing I'm looking forward to is that hopefully all our jeans will stop getting holes in the left knee. It's seriously getting kind of ridiculous. And expensive. But it's been worth it : )

~Jaimee

brizow said...

Good stuff Jonathan. Glad to your friend.

-Brett