Friday, March 26, 2010

Are you growing?

I've got a question for you: How's your spiritual life? Are you growing in your relationship with God? Are you experiencing more and more of God on a regular basis? Or, have things slowed down? Has your growth as a disciple hit a plateau?

Maybe you need to do a little self-evaluation. I came across the following questions today. I found them helpful and wanted to pass them on to you:
  • When was the last time I became excited about something God showed me in his Word?
  • Have I recently overcome a sinful habit or attitude?
  • When did I last encounter Christ so powerfully that I didn't want the experience to end?
  • When was the last time God used my life to bless someone ina a manner God had never worked through me before?
  • Is my trust and confidence in the Lord growing? What is the evidence?
  • How's my prayer life? Am I spending more time in prayer than I did before, or less? What have I been hearing God say to me in prayer? What kind of answers am I receiving to my prayers?
(These came from Richard Blackaby's book Unlimiting God.)

No comments: