Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We like to laugh

I'm really excited about Hub City BS that'll be starting June 6. Hub City BS (Basic Stuff) is our 101 class. We're going to talk about who we are as a church, what we're about, what we believe, what we'll fight over, what's not that big of a deal to us, and much, more. I am positive that it will be worth your while, so email me and let me know you're coming.

Today I was working on some content for Hub City BS. I was thinking through why it is that we use humor. Why do we make stupid, pointless videos? Why do we make fun of ourselves?

There's a point to the madness. Sure, we love to laugh, and we think it's healthy not to take ourselves too seriously. But the main reason we use humor is because it tears down walls. It opens people up. It gets rid of the tension in the room.

We'll share more during Hub City BS, so sign up: Hub City BS, the first three Sundays in June, 6-7:30 @ Threshold Church's building in Boiling Springs.


No comments: