Monday, May 18, 2009

So tell me how you really feel.

I appreciate honesty. I'd rather know where you "really" stand and what you're "really" thinking and feeling.

I had a comment on my facebook status this morning. Here's what it said: Now that God has saved movie night, could you ask him to get to work on lesser issues such as world hunger, rampant violence and everybody losing their jobs??

So, tell me how you really feel. Sarcasm noted.

But at least it was an honest comment. Not much hidden there.

I think God appreciates honesty too. He's not freaked out when we express ourselves.

On a side note, I think we addressed the above quote in our What's so great about Christianity series. I'm thankful that the basis of Christianity is an event and not circumstances. I'm thankful that even though we live in a world where nothing is fair and injustice is rampant that we have a God who is working and can be trusted... even if our tiny little minds can't understand.

5 comments:

Shane Stone said...

Hey dude...
Saw your blog post then checked out facebook. Don't know who that guy is, and I'm not judging, but he sounds like a jackass. Just my honest opinion.
Keep doing good things!

Jonathan Everette said...

He's just a guy who doesn't really believe in God, so I understand where he's coming from. Hope things are good for you.

pat gillen said...

I think that's what makes God so great... He cares about the little things and the big things. I believe God used the movies in the park for you guys to share the Gospel - and it seems that's pretty high on God's to-do list. :)

Chris, Michelle, Sara and Emma... said...

There was also opportunity for people to be the hands and feet of Jesus for International Water Missions at Movies in the Park. Maybe he should have been there before he attacked. Maybe he should have thought of this as a way God provided free family entertainment for alot of families who have lost their job. Maybe he should have thought about the people who reached out to Christ because of God's hand in the event.

Jaimee Holmes said...

Sounds to me like he either really trusts you Jonathan, or he really has a bone to pick with God. Maybe both. Either way, he's looking for big answers. Good soil for honest conversation.