Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Brain Block

Got a bit of brain block this morning. We're starting a new series on Sunday called Man Up. Basically it's a series geared towards men and it's about courage. We're going to be looking at 3 familiar stories in the book of Daniel. This Sunday I'll be introing the entire series, giving some background on the context of the stories and defining courage.

I'm stuck, though. So, in light of what I've just shared, do you have any suggestions? Any stories about the wimpiness of our culture? Any stories of courage in the face of adversity?

Courage is doing the right thing even when it's hard. Here's your chance to contribute.

5 comments:

Jaimee Holmes said...

So do the women all get to go out to breakfast?

Jonathan Everette said...

No, it's your job to get the men there. :) And notice I said it was geared "towards" men, but not solely for men. We're just trying to be difficult and offend.

Chloe said...

I think Jack Bauer is very courageous. He is always doing the hard stuff that no one else wants to do.... heeheehee.

Darth Vader said...

What about Luke Skywalker? Or Han Solo? They were tough guys.

Anonymous said...

I think Vince Antonucci is a courageous guy! His story in which he talked about how he kept telling God that he wasn't going to Las Vegas, but God kept showing him that this was where he needed to be and so he went... I tear up every time I listen to the sermon in which he told Forefront. He did what God wanted even though it was very hard. Like Abram... going to a foreign land.