Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Clergy appreciation and John Piper

Bright and early this AM I went to a clergy appreciation breakfast that featured John Piper as the main speaker. I've heard Piper before and read a couple of his books, but that guy is smart. He repeated his most famous line: God is most glorified when I am most satisfied in him. It's good to be reminded how important it is to prioritize your love relationship with Jesus. For further reading on this you need to read Desiring God. It's tough to read but well worth the effort.

2 comments:

pat gillen said...

no way! i wish you let me know, I would have made the drive! (I'm a Piper freak)

His dad actually doesn't live far from there...

Jonathan Everette said...

I just found out yesterday about 4:45 or I would have posted about the gig so all could come.