Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My heart's cry

This Sunday my Hub Group is going to be looking at Luke 5. There's a ton of great stuff in that chapter, but as I was preparing I came across this verse:

26And amazement seized them all, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying, "We have seen extraordinary things today."

That's my prayer for anyone who comes into contact with anyone from Hub City Church or for anyone who's a part of anything that Hub City Church does.

What if, after every Hub Group, every worship gathering, every community event, every social event we were seized with amazement and glorifying God and filled with awe and saying "We have seen extraordinary things today." I'm praying for this.

But here's the clincher: We can't do this in our own power or on our own initiative. It's something that God does in us and through us and in spite of us.

I just read this from Francis Chan: When believers live in the power of the Spirit, the evidence in their lives is supernatural. The church cannot help but be different, and the world cannot help but notice.

May we live in the power of the Spirit.

No comments: