Thursday, February 04, 2010

Angels


I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of all the cultural talk on angels. Most of it is a bunch of crap that portrays angels in sissy ways or as pansy, cupid-like fairies.

But at the same time I do know from Scripture that angels are real. Even though this is true, I have never read anything substantial about angels. That's why Dr. David Jeremiah's book intrigued me.

What I love about his book is how biblical it is in it's take on angels (which is really the only way to be). Basically, angels are messengers who work on behalf of God. You probably knew that, but too often we get focused on the angels instead of God, which is a form of idolatry. What Dr. Jeremiah does so well is continue to turn the focus back to God while at the same time exploring all that the Bible has to say about angels.

If you've ever wondered about angels, what they are like, what they do, or anything else, then I highly recommend you take the time to read Angels. It clears up a lot of confusion about angels and paints a Biblically accurate view of these mysterious beings.

This book was provided courtesy of Random House and Multnomah Publishing.

No comments: