Friday, February 05, 2010

Can't wait

This Sunday is the last Sunday of Primal. I'm really pumped about closing out the series talking about what it means to love God with all of our strength. I want Hub City Church to be a church that is GREAT at the Great Commandment.

Well, this morning I've been working on the first sermon for our next series, After Vegas. It's going to be a series on marriage for people who are married and for those who one day hope to be married.

Let me just go ahead and tell you, I am going to say some things about marriage that some of you have never heard before. I am going to make you really, really uncomfortable (I'm pretty uncomfortable just preparing). I will probably make some of you mad.

But I am confident that God is going to do something incredible in us over the next month or so that we talk about this. I think God is going to work in you marriage. If you're single, I think God is going to open your eyes to some things so that you'll be way ahead of the curve when you do get married.

Here's what you need to do: First, invite somebody to come. Do you know anybody who's struggling in their marriage? Bring them with you. Do you know somebody who's engaged? Bring them. Do you know somebody who's desperate to get married, but just can't seem to find that soul-mate? BRING THEM.

Seriously, I'm not about growing Hub City. I am about seeing lives and marriages transformed for the better. That IS going to happen during this series. (I can already see it working in my own marriage as I've prepared and planned.)

Second, go out and buy this book. One of the best books, if not the best book, I've ever read on marriage. It's a great compliment to what I'm talking about.

No comments: