Thursday, February 04, 2010

I have a dream

I have a dream. Basically it's the same story, over and over and over again. The context and characters are different, but the story's the same. I used to have the dream on Saturday nights. Then it moved to Friday nights. And then last night (Wednesday) I had the dream.

The basic premise of the dream is that we're having a worship gathering and we have this huge crowd there. All kinds of new people show up. Famous people show up. It's incredible. The place is packed (each dream takes place at a different place). But then everything goes wrong. Either the sound doesn't work, or I forget my sermon, or the band isn't there, or the power goes out or the people who are supposed to be in charge of things (like Frankie and Josh) just don't care.

It's really an awful dream. And I have it all the time.

But here's what I think. I'm not trying to freak anybody out or anything, but I do believe in Spiritual Warfare and I think that these dreams are Satan's way of attacking me, disturbing my sleep and causing me to worry.

And here's why I think that: He's not happy with what God is doing in and through Hub City Church. He's not happy with the life change. And he knows that we have huge potential to make disciples of many, many people. And he doesn't like it.

I think these dreams flow from my holy anticipation of what God might do. You can read a great article on holy anticipation here. I think Hub City has such potential. I think we've got leaders who don't yet know they are leaders. I think we've got ideas that could transform this community that are waiting to be put to action. I think some of our greatest ideas and leaders are in the harvest (in other words, they're not even a part of Hub City or God's family yet).

I would appreciate you praying for my protection when I sleep. But even more so, pray for God to do beyond what we could ask or imagine, in us and through us.

No comments: