Monday, July 06, 2009

Read this on Mark Batterson's blog today. It got me thinking, what if we, at Hub City, prayed this this week?
This weekend I proposed a little evangelism experiment. More than any other religious word, the word evangelism conjures up feelings of guilt because so many of us feel like we don't share our faith like we could or should.

Here's the prayer that I've challenged NCCers to pray everyday this week. Can't wait to see how God answers these prayers. Lots of divine appointments waiting to happen this week!

Lord, I pray for an opportunity to share my faith with someone in some way. It’s not up to me to decide who or when or where. But I know why. Because you love them and want a relationship with them. So Lord, surprise me with opportunities to share my faith.

Forgive me for trying to do your job for you. You are the one who convicts of sin. You are the one who draws to Christ. But help me do my part as salt and light. Help me see those opportunities to react compassionately or listen patiently or speak kindly. Through word and deed, help me plant seeds of love in the lives of others. Give me boldness when it’s time to speak. Give me restraint when it’s time to listen. Give me words to say. But more importantly, give me ears to hear.

Lord, help me be sensitive to the prompting of your Holy Spirit so I can see the divine appointments you send my way. Help me not to be afraid of questions I cannot answer. Help me not to be afraid of people’s reactions or rejections.

Lord, help me preach the gospel every day, when necessary, with words.

In Jesus name, amen!

No comments: