Thursday, July 16, 2009

I need ideas

Ok, here's the deal. Some Sundays, when we're gathering for worship, they are showing movies. Like this Sunday, Harry Potter will be speaking in the theater next to me. So, there are people who are coming to the theater to watch a movie instead of coming to the theater to attend our worship gathering (go figure). So here's where I could use your help/suggestions: How can we serve those people, with no strings attached? I'm thinking of some sort of giveway that our greeters could give/offer... like suckers or gum. I need to hear back from you.

2 comments:

pat gillen said...

When we were looking at the AMC we were thinking this same thing... and when talking to the management - they were hugely opposed to us doing anything in regards to reaching out to the other patrons. They didn't want them to seem 'bothered' by us. We were even going to pay for everyone to have free popcorn or something. :)
I'll pray that you have some great ideas and that your theater is much more accommodating to you doing something than ours would've been!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as Pat. The movie theater might be opposed to anything that interferes with them selling their products, especially with how "by the book" they have been. Maybe we could do coffee, but I don't know.