Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Me love story

Not that you really care all that much, but I've been reading some novels this summer as a change of pace. I love fiction. Let me rephrase that, I love GOOD fiction. Something about being a part of another world through a book is theraputic.

I finished Dan Brown's Angels and Demons two weeks ago. Really liked that book. Very suspenseful. It also gives an interesting take on Christians who take the Bible seriously. I don't agree with the take, but it does show what others think of us. Now that I've read the book I can go see the movie.

Currently I'm reading John Grisham's The Appeal. So far, so good. He does a great job pulling you in. One thing that's really interesting is how positively Christians are portrayed in this book. There's a pastor by the name of Denny Ott who might be one of the best portrayed pastors in any book that I've read that has a pastor.

So have you read any good fiction? Anything that you would recommend? Liz just devoured the Twilight series. That's next on the agenda. I want to be a part of the cultural phenomenon... Liz wants me to become a vampire. :)

1 comment:

Jaimee Holmes said...

Do you own Angels and Demons? I've been wanting to read that one... I really liked the first one, though the movie was lacking. And that is hilarious about the vampire thing... I laugh because I've talked to Liz about it and she really does want you to be a vampire... You guys crack me up.