Monday, July 27, 2009

Distraction of destination?

I've had this question running through my mind for the past week: Is your dream a distraction or a destination?

Let me give you a little background on where this is coming from. I saw a church sign last week that says, "Dream big dreams." I'm cool with that. My only concern is if my dreams will get in the way of God's dreams. If so, then my dreams are more of a distraction than a destination... the destination being what God wants, God's agenda, God's purpose.

Then, on Saturday, Liz and I drove through Converse Heights. Not that we could afford to live there, but it's my favorite neighborhood in Spartanburg. It's downtown, diverse, classic. We love to drive around the neighborhood and look at houses that are for sale and dream about what it would be like to live there. If we let it, that dream can become a distraction to us being missionaries in the great neighborhood where God has placed us.

So is your dream a distraction or a destination? If it's a distraction then stop wasting your time. If it's a destination then go after it with passion.

No comments: