Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our missionary position


Do I have your attention? I'm reading this book right now (thanks to Jaimee letting me borrow it). Once I got past the introduction (all 58 pages of it), I have found it to be a great book. What makes it great is that it makes me think. There are so many quotes that that I could share, but I don't have time to include them all. However, I read this tonight and think you need to read it too... enjoy:
Are you familiar with the missionary position? For those of you who are easily offended, this is your great moment. Just remember: The place where offence is most easily taken is in prison. The church needs to rediscover the Missionary Position, a posture that forces us to look at the world eye-to-eye and face-to-face without turning our backs. The Missionary Position tries to get together with the world in a healing and so-beautiful way. It doesn't view the world as a "market" but as a "mission." Everyone is here on assignment. Everyone is on a mission. Everyone is a missionary. Every Christian has an apostolate to fulfill. Every disciple conveys the good news to the world. (56)

No comments: