Friday, April 20, 2007

You belong and are needed

I've always believed that the main reason people choose one church over another or one group of friends over another is because they feel like they belong and that they are needed. I want The Point to be a place where people know they belong and where they know they are needed.

I think we do a pretty good job with the belong part of that equation. But I think we are still learning how to create places of service where people can feel needed. Let me say YOU ARE NEEDED! You are needed more than you know. You are not a part of our church by accident. God has you here for a purpose.

So here's my challenge: Take the initiative and find a place to serve. If you need some ideas try reading this post. Think outside the box. God has uniquely gifted and equipped each of you to contribute to the church, the world and His Kingdom. Don't waste what he's given you by waiting for the perfect opportunity to arise or by waiting for me to beg you to get involved. You're a big kid. I can't wait to see what God is going to do through you!

No comments: