Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I learned something new

This August, Liz and I will celebrate 18 years of marriage. I came to the realization the other day that I've known her for longer than I've not known her. That was a cool thought.

But then Saturday happened. I learned something about Liz that I've never known before.

We were kid-free this weekend. The boys got to have fun with their grandparents in Augusta and Liz and I got to have fun with each other. So we went to Greenville.

Our goal was to purchase something yummy at Whole Foods to cook for supper, but before we went to Whole Foods Liz wanted to stop by Ulta.

Do you know what Ulta is? I had no idea that a place like this existed, but basically, it's a makeup superstore. As the non-makeup-wearing adult in our family I was not only unaware of the existence of such a place, but was also unaware that I was married to someone who absolutely loves this kind of place and could spend hours and hours in said place.

I know Liz wears makeup (even though I think she's beautiful with or without it). What I didn't know is how excited she could get about just looking at all the makeup. She was like a kid in a candy store.

Why am I writing this? Well, it doesn't matter how long you've been married. You still have more to learn about your spouse. 

Not that I want to ever visit Ulta again, but I love learning new things about Liz. Marriage should be an adventure of continual discovery. May that be true for all my married friends and may that be a goal for all those who want to one day get married.

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a husband!