Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Powerless

Yesterday reminded me of Haiti. In Haiti, the power would go off at 7 AM and not come back on till 5 PM. Our power went off a little after 7. It came back on sometime after noon. 

It's amazing how going without power messes with your day. When the power is off I am made keenly aware of how much power I use and how many power-needing objects I depend on. 

It sounds silly, but a few hours of powerlessness put a kink in my day.

This had me thinking about being powerless. So many people around the world are powerless. Many more feel powerless. It's not that they are missing electricity. They have little or no voice, influence, rights and/or hope.

And while it bothers me, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Jesus has a special place in his heart for the powerless.

But he does more than love the powerless. He infuses them with his supernatural power. I don't know about you, but I want that in my life.

When the power came back on it changed everything. The same is true when we are infused with God's supernatural power. It changes everything. 

My prayer lately is that the undercurrent of supernatural power would be clearly evident in my life, my family and Hub City Church. Would love to have you praying that with me.

No comments: