Monday, January 11, 2010

Responses

I have been blown away by the response of people to yesterday's sermon. It's humbling and cool when God uses my words to speak to people. One email I got was from Shawna Simmons. I asked if I could share what she wrote. She said yes. It's a great example of doing something. And yes, it's in pink because, well Shawna wrote it. :)

Hey Jonathan! Loved your message today. Thanks. It's easy to say I liked it, it's harder to do something about it. Compassion is not really my thing and God has really been revealing to me that I need to work on that. I know God's been speaking to me about giving to http://reecesrainbow.org/ (an organization my sister supports and fundraises for). My nephew has Downs (he turned 2 yesterday) and my sis is an advocate for a baby named Shae w/ Downs. So, today i gave. This is small, I know. I've given before, on my own accord, but I feel confident God wanted me to give to this and I hadn't yet Thanks for the push.

1 comment:

Jaimee Holmes said...

Pink is very fitting for a Shawna post... There should be more smily faces though! : )