Monday, January 04, 2010

Frustrating

I'm kind of in shock right now.

I'm not usually the recipient of so much anger, but this whole adoption thing and the article I wrote has brought out some vicious people.

I'm not sure why. Seems like people have better stuff to do with their time than to lash out at me. (Pray that I will respond with grace and truth.)

Which reminds me of something I've read in a number of places lately (specifically from Rick Warren and Mark Batterson... I just can't think of where I read them).

They said something to the fact of us needing to use our energies to do good instead of using them to criticize. I agree.

If things continue in this direction, however, I may have to hire security.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Take heart...my wife and I are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia and plan to leave for Addis on Tuesday to pick her up...you are living dangerously in God's hands, my friend and brother...one less...well, now two less ;)

Jaimee Holmes said...

I don't have anything profound to say. But I wanted to remind you that I am praying for you and your family, including the daughter you will have. So are lots of other people. Hang tight!