Wednesday, January 06, 2010

How different generations view work

I found this very interesting. Would love to hear your thoughts.

The Great Depression Generation - viewed their career with an emphasis on loyalty. They would work at the same job for the same company for 40 to 50 years.

The Builder Generation (born from the Great Depression to the mid 40’s) - saw their career as a means of making a living.

The Baby Boomers (born from the mid 40’s to the mid 60’s) - saw their career as the central focus of their life. Work became the definition of who they were.

The Buster Generation - finds work to be an irritant. It distracts them from what they want to do in life. They see work as a necessary evil.

The Millennial Generation (born from 1980-2000) - sees their work as a place to serve humanity.

From Crown Financial

1 comment:

Jaimee Holmes said...

So I guess I am part of the "buster generation..." I wonder if each of these generalizations are in response to how we experienced our parents' work ethic? I guess that would make some sense... I feel more like I fit into the last category though... maybe because I am somewhat close to the "line." Probably varies depending on lots of things including spiritual beliefs, personality, etc.