Thursday, May 01, 2008

Runnin' like a headless chicken

The book Deadly Viper Character Assassins talks about the assassin of busyness. I feel like that assassin might be gaining more influence in my life than it needs to have. There's always more to do, somebody else to call, something to read, somebody to meet with, an e-mail to send..., you get the picture. I'm working on boundaries.

Not that I'm complaining. I love all that's happening and all that we have going on. The people on our Launch Team are working so hard. Lots and lots of cool things are happening. But the thing to remember is that we're all in this for the long run and to start off in a sprint like you're running the 100 meter dash is not the way to run a marathon.

I'm in this for the long run. I want to finish well. Now it's off to begin the jog.

No comments: