Friday, May 23, 2008

Stop the fear...


Yesterday I read this book. Beside the fact that it has a horrible title I highly recommend it... and it's short so you can read it fast! So often fear keeps us from what God has for us. This fear too often influences what we do with the money we've been given.

Here's why I think you should read this book. Imagine for a minute what the world would be like if the Christians in America began handling their money God's way. Imagine if just this one area (finances) came under the Lordship of Christ. I believe that if American Christians moved from a mindset of selfish fear to a lifestyle of generous giving that in one year the world would be evangelized, poverty would be wiped out and no one would be hungry. Just a thought.

I think that money is one of the "Big Three" things in our culture that Christians should manage differently to be set apart as disciples of Jesus. Any thoughts?

No comments: