Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Relationship vs. Religion


I'm reading this book right now. So far so good. I came across a quote today that I wanted to share: This is the difference between having a relationship with Jesus and practicing a religion. If you are interested in religion, you need all the answers. If you are interested in following Jesus, you don't have to have all the answers because you can trust Him.

I love this. My life's passion is to help people trust Jesus more and more. Too often our uncertainty and inability to figure stuff out gets in the way of trusting Jesus. But Christianity is completely based on trust in a person (Jesus). Following Jesus requires that we trust him. So, do you trust Jesus? Do you trust him more today than last month? You can trust him. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great book. I am about half way through it.