Monday, February 11, 2008

The Grammy's

Did anybody else out there watch the Grammy's last night? For the most part, I thought the performances were lousy, but I have to make an exception for Kanye West. I have no idea what Kanye was rapping about, but the visual effects of his show were amazing (except for the part about his mom, which was just sad, and shows he should rap and not sing). I sat mesmerized by all that was happening on the stage and his costume. I went to bed before the show was over so I missed Carie Underwood (which I heard was really good, even though she's country) and some of the other late performances. It seemed like they were trying to hard to make the performances special by putting various artists together. Did anybody see the exploding VW bug? That was really cool. I'd like to see that again. Although I was disappointed, the Grammy's is the only awards show I like because of the music. Now if we could just get some more elevator musical performances....

2 comments:

Cliff Marshall said...

I didn't see all the performances, but out of the one's I did see I enjoyed Alicia Keyes the best. All in all it was an o.k. show, but most of the performances brought one thing to my mind: style over substance.

Jonathan Everette said...

I would definitely agree with the "style over substance" statement. And they worked so hard on the style that, to me, it seemed too much.