Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let the fast begin!


OK, maybe that title is a bit too excited sounding. To be honest, I have trouble with fasting. I'm all spiritual and gung ho in the days leading up to the fast, but then on the day when it's supposed to begin I start coming up with excuses about why I should bail. Why do I tell you this? Well, our launch team is going to be fasting from food and media from 6 PM today (Wednesday, January 16) to 6 PM tomorrow. I know that in all probability, they are also a bit apprehensive. But we're going to do it anyway. Why? Because we know that planting Hub City Church is something that is bigger than us. It's a God-sized endeavor and we want to be in tune with what God is doing. We also have some real needs that we are asking God to provide. Does God have to provide? No, but in Hebrews 11:6 says that "God rewards those who honestly seek him." We are seeking God. Jesus says "You don't have because you don't ask," so we're asking. Feel free to join us. Also, feel free to leave comments about what God is saying to you. But don't comment on this blog. Comment here. I'd love for this blog to be a conversation. Right now it's a monologue. Leave a comment to let others know how things are going.

No comments: