Monday, January 14, 2008

The 300

Last night at our launch team gathering I shared what we're calling The 300. No, it's not based on the movie (I didn't like the movie... sorry Brian). It's based on a need. We're going to be launching Hub City Church sometime in September. In order to launch right we need to raise about $30,000 in start up funds. When I look at that number I am totally overwhelmed. That's where The 300 comes in.

The 300 is really 300 opportunities to give $100 a piece. That means we need 300 people to give us $100 a piece, or 30 people to give $1000 a piece, or one person to give $30,000, or some other combination. You get the picture. Well, I shared The 300 with a group of pastors today at lunch. Someone pulled out their checkbook and wrote a check for $100 and gave it to me before I even finished my little spiel. Someone else committed $200 for the next couple of months. I couldn't believe it. God is already providing.

Would you pray for us as we seek to raise $30,000? Will you consider contributing to The 300? I'll keep you updated on this blog about our progress. One down, 299 to go!

4 comments:

pat gillen said...

Super idea! Ben inspired me on this too. I might try this in the Spring!
Rock it dude! I'm going to see if I can squeeze it to become one of the 300!

Jonathan Everette said...

Pat,

I stole the idea from Ben! We'd love for you to be one of the 300. Praying for you as you make two major transitions (baby and re-launch).

Cliff Marshall said...

Great idea, but dude I can't believe you didn't like the movie! When you look in the mirror in the morning to shave, you need to ask yourself this question, "Am I really a man?" Please redeem my faith in your manliness by telling me you loved Braveheart and Gladiator. :)

Jonathan Everette said...

Cliff,

Have faith in me, man. I did love braveheart and gladiator, and 300 was a great story, but I just couldn't dig the movie. Thanks for the confidence vote in my manhood :)