Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Two must reads



I read two books last Friday that I've been meaning to write about. First off let me say that I'm a slow reader, but these books were both short and easy to read, but at the same time filled with some incredible insights.

First, Andy's book on Making Vision Stick was an amazingly practical look at communicating vision so that it is heard and known. I especially was challenged by what he said about your vision statement being short and memorable. (The Point's: To create a church that unchurched people will love to attend). I'll read this book again many times.

Second, I read John's book, You have what it takes. It is written to fathers (which I am ) and gives the number one question that our sons and daughters are asking. Since I have three boys I focused on what my son's need to know from me: Do I have what it takes? For those of you with girls (I'll pray for you) he says they're asking: Am I beautiful? It's the dad's job to communicate a resounding yes to each of these questions in multiple and creative ways. This is one of the most practical parenting books I've ever read. If you're a dad you need to order it today. It's only $2.99.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Good heads up on these two. I'll have to check them out. I have become a big Eldridge fan. His books have totally changed the way i veiw what daughters need to hear from a father.