Thursday, May 31, 2007

4 random things that are very important

I realized that I haven't been blogging very consistently lately. Sorry about that. You probably don't care as much about that as I do. I'd like to say I have a good excuse, but I can't make up one that's believable enough for me to write! :)

I do have some really exciting news to share. The problem is I can't write about it until after I share it with our church on Sunday. It has to do with us partnering with God to help fulfill His dream for our city, state, country and world. To all of The Point: Be there on Sunday. I can't think of anything greater to do with my life and time than join with God in what he is doing in the world.

I do want to point you to this blog this morning. I have to admit... I like to feel like I can control people's spiritual growth. I don't know why this is, but it's really just a lack of trust in God and the gospel and the Holy Spirit. Read the post and let me know what you think.

You also need to listen to this podcast on "More than Hello." These are probably some of the best tips I've ever heard on greeting people and creating a welcoming environment at our gatherings. This isn't just the greeters or my responsibility. If you call The Point your church then you are our partner in creating environments where people will want to come back.

No comments: