Tuesday, May 01, 2007


Really, I can't put into words about how excited I am for Spring Fling this weekend. I found out yesterday that The Point is going to be able to set up a booth near the high traffic Kid's area. That means we're going to be giving away a lot of free suckers and candy!

I also found out that Mt. Airy Baptist Church is sending 26 people to help us out on Saturday. They are also bringing almost 9000 pieces of candy and sticks of gum! Thanks is not a strong enough word for my feelings of gratitude. It will also be good to see some old friends from my former church. I'm going to split half of them between our booth and the children's games with the city. The city needs volunteers and we are trying to respond. Some of our wonderful people will be helping with the city also.

I don't know what is going to come from this opportunity, but I am so thankful that God has opened up a door for us to serve Spartanburg and show his love and grace by giving some stuff away. If you haven't volunteered to help then I need you to e-mail me.

No comments: