Monday, May 14, 2007

Know thyself

Today I got to hang out with a great group of church planter/leaders (a big shout out to Cliff who actually reads this blog). Besides eating some incredible Low Country Boil (thanks to Bill) we spent a good bit of time working on and discussing the Personal Coaching Styles Inventory. Really, it's just one of the many great personality surveys that are out there.

I've taken a bunch of personality tests over the years and they are all worthwhile... to some degree. The value I find is in the self-discovery, and through that self-discovery, knowing that there are other people out there like me. Of the 8 guys who took the survey, five of us scored in the same grouping. It opened up a lot of discussion about how we do what we do and why we do things the way we do and how what we do and why we do it drives other people who aren't like us crazy.

I don't really know why I'm writing this other than to say that I think it's important to know who you are. Only then can you recognize who you are not. And only then can you maximize who God has created you to be.

No comments: