Friday, October 29, 2010

Inadequate

Today was Pastries with Pastor's at Nathan and Matthew's school. I must admit, it's cool being able to be my kids' pastor. And they are at the age where they think it's cool too.

But I've got a confession to make. Whenever I get around a group of pastors I feel really inadequate and insecure. I feel like I don't have what it takes to do what I do. Most of those other guys seem like they have it all together. Me, not so much.

Often times I feel like I'm in way over my head, but this feeling of inadequacy and insecurity is different. I believe that it's a spiritual attack.

What refocuses me is knowing that even though I'm not perfect and have a long way to go to be the leader that God wants me to be, that I am doing exactly what God wants me to do. He has chosen me. He has called me. He knew what he was doing. And since that is the case, Satan can shut up and go to Hell, literally (James 4:7).

I guess I'm sharing this because I'm pretty sure some of you feel inadequate and insecure at times (maybe all the time). But remember, The one who called you is faithful and he will do it (1 Thes. 5:24).

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Amen. I am so thankful that you are our pastor and friend. God has made you more than adequate to live out his purposes for you : )