Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Concealing

I know I've read this verse a thousand times, but it really hit home with me today.

He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Proverbs 28:13

This is huge. The implication is that prospering and confession of sin go hand in hand. I can't get that out of my mind. It motivates me do some self-evaluation and confession.

I'm thankful for 1 John 1:9 which says: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

We serve a forgiving God. There is no need for us to conceal our sin. There is forgiveness in mercy in confession and repentance.

Don't wait to confess. Concealing your sin will only hurt you. Confess and renounce your sin today. And God will forgive you and purify you from all unrighteousness.

No comments: