Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What would it take?

This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

I read that this morning out of Acts 19. All the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord. All of them. In the province of Asia. That's incredible.

It got me thinking. What would it take so that it could be said, all the people of Spartanburg county heard the word of the Lord?

What would we need to do to make that a reality here?

I'd like, for one day, historians to be able to look back and say all the people of Spartanburg County heard the word of the Lord. I want to be a part of that.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

This is a fun post. I'm not going to answer exactly, but these were some biggies that jumped out at me from that passage:

1) The men Paul equipped to help spread the word of the Lord had received the Holy Spirit.

2) Patience. Where the people were not outright opposed to God's Message, even when they were slow (i.e. 2 yrs), persistence and focus eventually paid off.

3) Relationships. It is interesting to me that Paul did not win people to God solely by speaking, but by holding "discussions." Interacting with the God-curious and those he brought with him who had already been filled with the Holy Spirit.