Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do I really care?

I want you to ask yourself a question. It’s question that I had to answer a few years back. Here it is: Do I really care if Spartanburg is better because I’m here?

I know that you hear me say that we want Spartanburg to be a better place to live. But for me, it’s more than a catch phrase. I believe that the Bible teaches that we are where we are on purpose for a purpose, and that God has put me here, in Sparkle-city, to make a difference. I also believe that he’s put you here to make a difference. Jesus said you are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Spartanburg should be better because we’re here.

That’s what I love about Movies in the Park, the Garage Unsale, Christmas in Action and Spring Fling. They make Spartanburg a better place to live. They add something to this community. And you and I get to be a part. You and I get to participate.

All of these events do something else. They communicate to Spartanburg that we care and that we’re here for them. They help us to put down roots.

Speaking of Movies in the Park, I think that God might use Movies in the Park in a way that’s bigger than ever this year. I think people are going to surrender their lives to Jesus because they came to Duncan Park or Barnet Park to see a free movie and experience love and acceptance from Hub City Church.

So, do you really care if Spartanburg is better because you’re here? I think you do. So, what are you going to do to make that happen?

2 comments:

pat gillen said...

Spent a few minutes sharing about Hub City Church this morning at breakfast with a guy who moved here from Greenville. Praying for you guys!

Jonathan Everette said...

Thanks man. Sound like things are good for y'all.